Red River Riders Therapeutic Horseback Riding for the Disabled, Inc.
N6669 Cherry Road
Shawano, WI 54166
Tickets go on sale Friday for the Day at the Races
Letter From Chris
December 8, 2016
Red River Riders appreciates the interest shown in our organization.
We are a strictly 501C-3 non-profit organization, and a total volunteer organization.
Red River Riders helps people with disabilities regardless of age. We began giving lessons in 1985 with 3 riders and 1 horse. We currently serve 60+ riders.
Students learn basic horse handling and care. Depending on their capabilities, riders are responsible for grooming and helping to saddle their mounts. Sometimes we are there to talk to and pet the horses. A typical lesson consists of riding instruction, as well as horse-related games and activities. All our equipment meets the safety standards required for therapeutic riding.
As a strictly volunteer organization, there are many ways for people to help us out. The therapeutic horses need a lot of care: grooming, nurturing, attention, healthy treats, among a few items. We are always in need of equipment for the horses, safety and protection of the riders, and aids in making the riding experience and classes productive, and just plain fun and entertaining for the riders.
Our riders show improved coordination, balance, flexibility, muscle strength, and body tone. Riding not only exercises the body, but also exercises the mind. While learning the skills of horsemanship, our riders gain self-esteem, improved attention spans, and the ability to follow directions. These qualities carry over to their daily lives.
Red River Riders is extending their invitation to Veterans to join us in any of the capacities: as a rider or a volunteer.
We look forward to meeting you and your interest.
RED RIVER RIDERS
IMPORTANT NEWS FOR 2017:
Would you like to help out the Red River Riders? Here’s How:
We are contacting you about becoming a sponsor for our Day at the Races event. The event will be Sunday, February 19, 2017 at the Shawano County Park Pavilion in Shawano, WI from 12:30 pm-5:00 pm. Sponsorship at any level is appreciated.
1) MAJOR Sponsor, $1,000 – Only 1 available! Be named as our presenting sponsor and get 8 tickets to the event to share with your friends, employees, colleagues and friends. “(Name of your business) 10th Annual Red River Riders Day at the Races” – Please call Karen for availability.
2) VIP sponsorship, $250 – Due January 15 – will have name on all advertisements and 2 tickets to attend.
3) Horserace naming rights, $150 – Due February 10 – will be printed on all programs and race will be called with your special name.
4) Horse & Jockey naming rights, $15 – Due February 10 – will be printed on all programs with your special name.
5) Any dollar amount you care to donate will be gladly accepted.
6) Any item or gift certificate from your business appropriate for a raffle.
7) Any donation of a product your business may have that we can serve on race day, i.e. snacks, trail mix, bakery goodies, cheese, fruit or veggie trays, etc.
Donation receipts are available on request. Red River Riders is a 501(c) (3) organization.
Questions can be directed to:
Karen DeKelver, coordinator, can be contacted directly at 715-526-3840
Chris Baldwin, President 715-526-6400
We hope to see you February 19th at the 11th Annual Red River Riders Day at the Races for a day of fun and fundraising! Tickets go on sale January 20, 2017.
Find Red River Riders Therapeutic Horseback Riding on Facebook for more information.
Here is another way to sponsor us:
Thank You in Advance from Red River Riders
To all our Thrivent Financial Friends:
Did you know that you can designate Red River Riders as a recipient of your Choice Dollars?
Thrivent has a charitable program that will distribute charitable outreach funds to eligible nonprofit organizations.
Red River Riders has been approved & we are currently receiving funds through this program.
Red River Riders has been the recipient of funds through several United Way agencies in the area.
This is a contribution through your workplace. Often the employer will match funds.
United Way has helped fill in many gaps in our operating expenses.
Thank you to all contributors. All donations help keep our services affordable for all riders.
Red River Riders is also a member of the Shawano Country Chamber of Commerce
Shop Amazon Smile and Amazon donates back to Red River Riders